UPDATE: Early morning fire in Fishers injures one

Fishers firefighters responded to 13164 Highland Springs Drive for a residence fire Wednesday morning at 4:32 a.m.

Fire Investigators determined the cause of the fire was an unattended candle which caught bedding on fire, in a bonus room above the garage.

One occupant was transported with serious injuries to Eskenazi Hospital.  A second had minor injuries and four additional occupants were able to escape the house without injury.

Fire official credited the owner of the residence for performing a very important task prior to exiting the home, and that was to shut the door to the room that was on fire.    This action kept the fire from spreading to the rest of the house until firefighters were able to get on the scene and extinguish the blaze

Firefighters encourage residents not to use candles, but if you choose to do so, never leave unattended or burning while sleeping

Thirty-three firefighters were on the scene and had control the fire in 25 minutes.  Firefighters were assisted by Fishers Police Department to control traffic around streets blocked by hose.

Be the first to comment on "UPDATE: Early morning fire in Fishers injures one"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*